Thursday, April 22, 2010

Another family update

Just wanted to give you our update.

Hello family! The Dumas family, or The Dumi as some like to call us, are all doing well. Nic is working some seriously crazy hours. Most weeks he puts in 60-70 hrs. He works he regular job, but is starting his own cabinet company and does it at nights and Fridays. He is hoping to be just doing his own business by the summer (cross your fingers!). He is working so hard and I know it will pay off! So if any of you need cabinets, he does beautiful work!

So with Nic working as much as he does, that means I am at home with the girls that much! Yikes, it gets to be long days sometimes. I still do hair 2 days a week, but it is a much needed break sometimes. I am running a lot and hope to the the Salt Lake Half Marathon again this April. We are excited for the summer when Whit and her family get here so I will have a perminant play buddy, and babysitter(hehe) and Haley can't wait to reajurn the meetings for their club they set up this Christmas.

Haley is doing well. We still are going in every three months for scans but everything looks fine so far. This summer marks 3 years from her diagnosis. Time has flown. She is so funny! She is very focal about the fact that she used to have cancer. She will tell random people sometimes and it is funny to see their reactions. She is a delightful little girl, who I feel like takes care of me half the time.

The little girls, Laney and Tessa are going to be 2 this June. They are into EVERYTHING and fight like they are 15 yrs old. Sometimes I feel like I fight right along with them! I am trying to think about potty training 2 girls but hope they just figure it out one day all by themselves! It is so fun to have them and so interesting to see how different they are. They could not be more so!

We have been very blessed this year and have had lots of trials, but always feel the Lords hand in both! I agree with Whitney about what she said about Grandma and Grandpa. They are looking out for us and I feel it a lot. I miss them enormously! I find myself thinking for a split second that I need to visit or call Grandpa. I am sure they are proud of the great, giant family the have left behind!

Wow...you can tell I don't get to talk to many adults during the day! Sorry this was so long, but better you than the postman I suppose!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Marti